PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Thread

mqt
05-29-2015, 02:06 AM
Let us discuss important matters, such as how much better Aaron Rodgers is than everyone else.

Get the fuck in here, Cain and WCH. Hopefully the rest find their way over.

ImBrotherCain
05-29-2015, 02:37 AM
I tried to get PF here. I'll PM him on DC tomorrow as it's not the same without him.

ItsEasyBeingGreen
05-29-2015, 03:12 AM
Road to Santa Clara starts here

badger
05-29-2015, 03:16 AM
Yes, we need PF. I wonder if he'll keep the same username given Prince is no longer a Brewer. Who is ItsEasy?

ItsEasyBeingGreen
05-29-2015, 11:47 AM
TimmG6376

10char

ImBrotherCain
05-29-2015, 12:53 PM
I PMed both Blood and PF, hopefully they will migrate and give me no reason to go back to DC.

PF28
06-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Hello everyone

badger
06-01-2015, 09:20 PM
Prince! Welcome.

PF28
06-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Here's a breakdown of the snap count for our top 3 receivers last season:

Jordy Nelson: 1,093 (92.1 percent)

Randall Cobb: 1,049 (88.4 percent)

Davante Adams: 861 (72.5 percent)

Given Jordy's hip issue, which I am confident is being downplayed by the team versus the reality of the issue, how much of a hit will we see in his snap count?

badger
06-01-2015, 11:31 PM
It may be optimistic, but I'm hoping both Jordy and Cobb will play around 85% of the snaps. I'd imagine Davante will take a step forward and hopefully see 80% or so to give Jordy a couple extra breathers and Montgomery can be put in a few of the typical Cobb spots.

ImBrotherCain
06-02-2015, 02:30 PM
It may be optimistic, but I'm hoping both Jordy and Cobb will play around 85% of the snaps. I'd imagine Davante will take a step forward and hopefully see 80% or so to give Jordy a couple extra breathers and Montgomery can be put in a few of the typical Cobb spots.

I know he was our third rounder but are you ready to settle on him being the number 4?

SP
06-02-2015, 03:22 PM
I know he was our third rounder but are you ready to settle on him being the number 4?

Who else do we have?

ImBrotherCain
06-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Who else do we have?

Apparently McCarthy expect Janis to make a sizable jump this season but honestly with Abbrederis coming off the ACL I don't really know.

PF28
06-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Who else do we have?

Janis and Abbrederis will battle for the 4th spot. Montgomery is a strong special teams player but his skills as a receiver need work.

badger
06-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Prince is spot on. I didn't mean Montgomery would be the #4, just that he might be able to take a few of the Cobb "package" plays like a couple screen passes/plays out of the backfield. If he gets 5 offensive snaps a game, I'd be happy.

Blood Brother
07-04-2015, 05:46 PM
So in the last few days we got

Datone Jones suspended 1 game for weed possession charge from day after NFCCG(don't blame him for trying to smoke away the pain of that game)

and now Quarless gets arrested today for firing a gun into the ground during an altercation. He'll probably get a lengthy suspension from the NFL. RichRod was likely starting anyway but this obviously hurts their TE depth. Q was their "vet" at that position.

badger
07-05-2015, 01:51 AM
Quarless is an idiot. I'll guess he's out for at least 6 games.

Dr. Gonzo
07-12-2015, 11:33 PM
Garbage team and garbage fans.

Blood Brother
07-12-2015, 11:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/m9wfnv0.gif

http://i.imgur.com/AmKAwRb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tS8HM2o.jpg

PF28
07-18-2015, 02:17 PM
Brett Favre Packers Hall of Fame Induction Day!

Blood Brother
07-18-2015, 04:16 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VorbXIypV9k/VacZqh7MwtI/AAAAAAAAMxA/JEFtcKUfhF4/s1600/favr.gif

Blood Brother
07-24-2015, 12:20 PM
Jermaine Gresham brought in for a visit. Wouldn't mind adding him. TE group could use some depth especailly with a Quarless suspension likely looming

Also, Letroy Guion was suspended 3 games but is appealing. Either way, looks like the Pack will be without 2 Dlineman for Week 1 with Datone Jones also suspended 1 game

PF28
07-24-2015, 03:14 PM
Jermaine Gresham brought in for a visit. Wouldn't mind adding him. TE group could use some depth especailly with a Quarless suspension likely looming

Also, Letroy Guion was suspended 3 games but is appealing. Either way, looks like the Pack will be without 2 Dlineman for Week 1 with Datone Jones also suspended 1 game

No thanks on Greshman. Football players with back issues scare me, and if he had anything left to offer, I do not think he would still be on the market. I would prefer to see sets with more receivers or a sixth offensive lineman than trying to find a role for our tight ends.

Blood Brother
07-28-2015, 03:09 PM
as expected, the new Packers alt unis this year are the throwbacks they wore in 94 and are from the 1940's era.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kDQ_gSyMf7U/SgRADt-ZaUI/AAAAAAAAAxk/4Teo8FSlcCY/s400/favre_1994throwback.jpg

Blood Brother
08-14-2015, 05:52 PM
Very excited about Quinten Rollins. Dude has to pull in those INT's though!

Barclay was a disaster out there which was concerning. Bakht wasn't much better. This team will be hurting real bad if they lose a Tackle to injury this season and already it's obvious they need to address this area in the draft next year. Might be better off moving Bakht to 3rd Tackle and drafting a LT early in the draft next year

Bradford made some plays around the LOS but was badly exposed in space. Just doesn't have the athleticism there and I think that keeps him from making the roster

Gunter continues to make plays. Doesn't have great speed but gotta love his size and physicality. Secondary could use a guy like that back there so I'm hoping he keeps this up and makes the team

HHCD looked real bad on that Gray TD. Dude needs to finish better this season to fully become one of the elite all-around Safeties in the league.

Backup QB's looked good! Hard to remember the last time we could say that considering we had to watch the likes of BJ Coleman, Graham Harrell, etc over the past few years

Red Zone efficiency....still a problem. They have got to improve in this area this season. No excuse for an offense as deep as this to just stall as often as they do inside the 20. As usual, they were able to move with ease between the 20's.

No major injuries from the sounds of it which is the main thing.

ItsEasyBeingGreen
08-17-2015, 02:08 PM
Haven't been as tuned to training camp as in past years. In what I was able to catch from the game:

Tolzien looks much improved even if it is only preseason.
Rollins is adjusting quickly to the pro game.
Lacy is in a groove already. Usually takes a couple of games into regular season before he gets in sync with the OL. They appear to be ahead of schedule on that front.
Mike Pennel appears to be translating his physical gifts into productive football. That could be a huge (no pun intended) asset to the defense.

Also some post game notes I read indicated that Jake Ryan may be a keeper and that the addition of Solari to the coaching staff could pay big dividends.

PF28
08-20-2015, 10:26 PM
I'm slightly worried about our depth along the offensive line. Bakhtiari's health is essential to making this unit the league's best. Right now Don Barclay looks like garbage and he should be on the roster bubble but we simply have no other options at tackle.

Defensively, I really like the potential of Adrian Hubbard at inside backer.

Blood Brother
08-21-2015, 04:15 AM
I'm really worried about this Sunday. Sounds like Barclay will be starting at LT with Bakht out. If that's the case, then just give Rodgers the day off because I do not want him exposed to that AT ALL. Barclay was getting abused at RT vs backups last week...now he's playing a tougher position against Pitt's 1's? Pass. Even if he plays just one series I'll be on pins and needles. Barclay was just so, so bad last week.

OL depth, specifically at Tackle, is a huge issue. Really hope that Bulaga/Bakht are healthy all year....then they draft some Tackle help in next year's draft.

PF28
08-21-2015, 12:12 PM
I would experiment with Bulaga shifting to left tackle, Lang to right tackle, and Tretter to right guard. I know you want to have fewer moving pieces but we need to have the best five linemen on the field, for whomever is available. Barclay at left tackle is a recipe for failure and possibly injury.

badger
08-21-2015, 12:52 PM
I thought I read somewhere that they've said that Bulaga will be playing LT while Bak is out? I believe Barclay would step in at RT though, they didn't shift everything.

ItsEasyBeingGreen
08-21-2015, 01:46 PM
Hubbard on the inside isn't something I'd given much thought to. Has he been getting a look there? I've always assumed with his length he'd be outside.

PF28
08-23-2015, 10:28 PM
Hubbard on the inside isn't something I'd given much thought to. Has he been getting a look there? I've always assumed with his length he'd be outside.

He played inside during the New England game and was effective.

Not a good day.

ImBrotherCain
08-31-2015, 05:08 PM
So much for not playing anybody.

Blood Brother
09-04-2015, 04:16 AM
Hundleys' already exceeded my expectations. Dude had a very strong preseason

WCH
09-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Hundleys' already exceeded my expectations. Dude had a very strong preseason

I can't believe he fell so far in the draft. He's playing like the day-2 pick that a lot of people were expecting him to be.

ItsEasyBeingGreen
09-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Wasn't the knock on him indecision and taking too many sacks? Tools were obviously there but his poise has been impressive throughout preseason. That has been a pleasant surprise.

ItsEasyBeingGreen
09-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Sorry to Hubbard cut. Had hopes for him. I don't follow athletes on Twitter but apparently he was a bit of a knucklehead.

PF28
09-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Sorry to Hubbard cut. Had hopes for him. I don't follow athletes on Twitter but apparently he was a bit of a knucklehead.

Coming from Alabama, I do not think that is all too surprising.

ItsEasyBeingGreen
09-04-2015, 05:09 PM
So how is RB going to shake out? Neal seems to have taken hold of that third spot. Ripkowski probably makes it based on his special teams prowess and the need to develop someone behind Kuhn.

Lacy
Starks
Neal
Kuh
Ripkowski

They are no doubt keeping three QBs so they're going to have to go light somewhere.

ImBrotherCain
09-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Are they only going two deep at TE with Rodgers and Quarless?

Blood Brother
09-05-2015, 12:01 PM
I don't think so. Does Kennard Backman stick as the 3rd TE or would he go to the PS and they end up keeping somebody like Justin Perillo or Mitchell Henry as the 3rd TE? Not to mention...what's up with the Quarless situation? Dude was arrested not long ago for firing a gun in an altercation. Why hasn't there been a peep about a possible suspension for him? Either way, TE is clearly thin

Anyway, my 53 man roster prediction is this

QB(3): Rodgers, Tolzien, Hundley
FB(2): Kuhn, Ripkowski
RB(3): Lacy, Starks, Neal
TE(3): Rodgers, Quarless, Backman
WR(5): Cobb, Adams, Montgomery, Janis, White
OL( 8 ): Bakhtiari, Sitton, Linsley, Lang, Bulaga, Tretter, Barclay, Walker

Offense: 24 players

DL(6): Daniels, Raji, Boyd*, Pennel, Gaston, Ringo*
LB(10): Matthews, Peppers, Barrington, Neal, Perry, Elliot, Mulumba, Ryan, Palmer, Vaughters
DB(10): Shields, Hayward, HHCD, Burnett, Hyde, Randall, Rollins, Richardson, Gunter, Banjo

Defense: 26 players

ST(3): Crosby, Masthay, Goode

*Ringo will be replaced by Guion once his suspension is over and Ringo will head to the PS
* Boyd replaced by Datone Jones

- Probably doesn't happen but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the team just cut Datone Jones. He just has not shown anything tbh. Boyd isn't great though so I figure the team will stick with the 1st rounder in hopes of him showing something

- Decided to keep Banjo because he's excellent on ST

- I absolutely think Abbrederis is a better option than Myles White, but I think White gets the nod because he's put in the work over the years with this team and was productive with his opportunities in preseason. Abby obviously missed all of training camp. Add in that White is no longer eligible for the PS and I think this is how it shakes up. Of course, if GB doesn't think they can sneak Abbrederis on the PS, then I fully expect them to keep him as the 5th WR over White. White will barely see the field but Abbrederis could have an immediate impact as the teams PR. We only got a glimpse in the last preseason game but it's clear that Abbrederis looks natural returning punts, which is something that can't be said for Montgomery and Janis.

- Vaughters is my surprise pick. I really liked what he showed in preseason and he should help on ST. With that said, I woudln't be surprised if the team decides to keep 9 OL, in which case you can add Lane Taylor to the 53 and remove Vaughters. I have it at 8 OL right now

- I also like Crockett more than Raijon Neal, but Crockett also missed too much time and Neal didn't do anything to hurt his chances. Both guys have soft hands but I like Crockett's running style more than Neal's. For this year, Neal get's the gig while Crockett heads to PS

Practice Squad

Christian Ringo, DT
Larry Pinkard, WR
John Crockett, RB
Tay-Glover Wright, CB
Matt Rotheram, OG
Carl Bradford, LB
Jeremy Vujnovich, OT
Mitchell Henry, TE

Could see them adding another DL guy to their PS from among the other teams cuts. Ringo is the only guy they really have in this group and they could always use more bodies in the trenches

Blood Brother
09-05-2015, 02:53 PM
James Jones cut by the Giants. Maybe another go with GB on a 1yr deal? I wouldn't mind him as the #4

WCH
09-14-2015, 01:59 AM
Giants GM: "Hey James, did you hear that Jordy tore his ACL? Sucks, eh?"

James Jones: "Jordy is hurt!?! Ya gotta cut me! My people need me!"

In my mind, that's always going to be how that situation went down.

mqt
09-14-2015, 03:18 AM
Not a great win by any means, but it's sure nice to be 1-0.

Blood Brother
09-14-2015, 11:28 AM
team is never at its best early in the season. Run defense yet again has work to do

luckily, they have another few months to get things in order

ItsEasyBeingGreen
09-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Yeah. I mean everyone remembers last year's opener right? Can't complain about getting a division win while still finding your regular season rhythm. Offense was efficient and had the defense been able to get them more possessions this might have been ugly.

I'm sometimes still amazed by Clay Mathews even though I've been watching him play for so long now. Came all the way from the other side of the formation to chase down Forte from behind for a solo tackle. Later showing the ability to drop in coverage and break on the ball for that interception. The guy is just a freak. There may be better pure pass rushing OLBs out there but as far as the complete skillset I'm not sure there is any better.

badger
09-20-2015, 01:08 PM
Welp, Bulaga reportedly out for 6 weeks. That hurts.

Blood Brother
09-21-2015, 07:41 AM
2-0! Great win tonight

Good news is that X-rays were negative on Lacy...sounds like just a bad ankle sprain. Not sure about hsi status for next week

Bad news....The tackles got whooped tonight. Barclay actually did an admirable job all things considered but holy crap Bakht was terrible. Looked like Newhouse out there. Better get it together because Houston and Hali come to town next week and that's gonna be a team desperate for a win after their brutal loss on TNF to a hated division rival

mqt
09-21-2015, 09:35 AM
For a little while that felt like it was shaping up to be a painful loss. Glad we pulled it off and Lacy might not be too badly injured.

I can't tell if our inability to stop Wilson in most of the second half was a scheme issue or just Peppers breaking contain. He looked really bad tonight, but that could be due to his assignment.

mqt
09-29-2015, 01:10 PM
Pretty strong win last night. The offense was obviously fantastic and the defense was great until they lost focus with the big lead.

Blood Brother
09-29-2015, 07:05 PM
yep...the only gripe in that game. Garbage time and all but come on, close it out. Granted, they did get that stop on 4th down on the Chiefs last TD drive but the refs screwed it up with a terrible spot that gave the Chiefs the 1st

Injuries keep piling up which isn't good. Nothing season-ending but tons of guys who are missing games. Sounds like Davante will be missing a few weeks because he has a high-ankle sprain. That Quarless injury didn't look good and he's getting an MRI right now. Datone looked like he suffered a concussion last night, luckily Guion returns this week

ItsEasyBeingGreen
10-05-2015, 08:39 AM
I was only able to follow via gamecast. Was 9er defense shutting the offense down or were they just not executing? Seemed like a few untimely OL penalties derailed a couple drives.

ItsEasyBeingGreen
10-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Impressive that Capers would take feedback and adjust his system. I feel like a lot of coaches with his tenure would be resistant to change.

http://m.jsonline.com/sports/packers/dom-capers-using-brand-new-play-calls-to-simplify-the-defense-b99591848z1-331183831.html

ItsEasyBeingGreen
10-23-2015, 06:31 PM
I knows it is a bye week but last couple weeks have been really quiet around here.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/2054482/single-tumbleweed-o.gif

mqt
11-15-2015, 09:40 PM
The fuck was that?

ItsEasyBeingGreen
11-15-2015, 10:41 PM
This team is mess right now. Rodgers is missing throws and when he hits guys in the hands they can't catch it. This was not a good Lions defense and they could rarely get separation.

ItsEasyBeingGreen
09-14-2016, 01:09 PM
Crickets. Anyone left?

ImBrotherCain
09-17-2016, 04:20 PM
I'm here but people don't really post much it seems.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

PF28
09-19-2016, 12:18 PM
Defense, other than Randall, looked strong last night. Unfortunately, Aaron played a horrendous game.

ImBrotherCain
09-19-2016, 12:43 PM
Defense, other than Randall, looked strong last night. Unfortunately, Aaron played a horrendous game.
It looked like Favre was playing again. Careless with the football, running in circles, strip sacks and an INT to cap it off...

ItsEasyBeingGreen
09-21-2016, 12:37 AM
So tired of hearing about "execution" and "fundamentals"

PF28
09-21-2016, 12:46 PM
Week after week I watch plenty of teams who have simple, underneath route concepts and are able to get open for small gains and sometimes their receivers break one for a big gain. There feels like zero simple route concepts in our offense and we are always trying for the big gain instead of putting together a twelve to fifteen play drive.

ItsEasyBeingGreen
09-21-2016, 03:19 PM
Week after week I watch plenty of teams who have simple, underneath route concepts and are able to get open for small gains and sometimes their receivers break one for a big gain. There feels like zero simple route concepts in our offense and we are always trying for the big gain instead of putting together a twelve to fifteen play drive.

It seems even the on the shorter routes the receivers tend to catch the ball with feet planted. Rodgers has definitely been off but the windows he's had to throw into also don't allow for much error. What has surprised me is how inaccurate he's been on deep passes. That's so uncharacteristic. For all the criticism Adams gets he had a great release off the line and had separation deep and Rodgers just overthrew him.

ImBrotherCain
09-26-2016, 07:45 PM
I can't say I am really happy about having such an early bye, but hopefully get gets Sammy back on the field.

ItsEasyBeingGreen
09-26-2016, 10:08 PM
Perry is really playing well. Also nice to see Fackrell translate some of what we saw in preseason into regular season. So often we've seen pass rushers flash in preseason and dissappear when the lights go on. If Sam can get and stay healthy and the DBs can quit falling down and/or dropping INTs we could have something cooking on defense.