PDA

View Full Version : NBA Aughts Voting

TACKS
12-01-2016, 08:40 PM
post your team and make your case for them here.

once all the teams have been posted, PM me your top 5 teams in order.

1st place - 5 points
2nd - 4
3rd - 3
4th - 2
5th - 1

top 6 teams will make it to the playoff. #1 & #2 seeds will get a bye.

towelie
12-01-2016, 08:51 PM
PG Steve Francis
SG Kawhi Leonard
SF Shawn Marion
PF Blake Griffin
C Alonzo Mourning

Bench
G John Wall
F Danny Granger
F/C Karl Anthony-Towns

Brodie
12-01-2016, 09:25 PM
PG: Steph Curry (16)
SG: Eddie Jones (00)
SF: Jimmy Butler (15)
PF: Draymond Green (16)
C: Pau Gasol (10)

Bench:
G: Goran Dragic (14)
F: Josh Smith (10)
C: Hassan Whiteside (16)

My offense is pretty much centered around constant movement/flow and the pick and roll. I have 7 above average passers who can run the pick and roll well, which works considering the strengths of everyone on this team on offense. Everyone on the team can work well without the ball and cause havoc with consistent movement.

As for individual strengths, Steph Curry is clearly the best shooter of all time, and is elite at moving in and out of the pick and roll while moving to separate parts of the court. Eddie Jones is a damn good shooter and passer, while solid at getting to the line. Buckets is another good shooter but substitutes a lot of that with being a very good slasher to the basket, which compliments this lineup well. Draymond largely sticks to the paint and threes, but is again elite at the pick and roll while being probably the best passer on a team filled with them. Pau is yet again another elite passer/pick and roll movement man from his position, and is a dominant post presence while being damn good at mid-range. Dragic is a good passer and is ridiculously good inside for a man of his size, while being an ace of the corner three. Smoove had intelligent shot selection at this point (somehow) and mostly stuck to how great he was in the post, where his athleticism allows him to dominate, and his well above average passing/pick and roll talent allows for a lot of flexibility. Whiteside can pretty much nail the occasional jumper while being very, very good in the post.

The team defense is also a pretty clear strength. Curry and Dragic aren't necessarily known for their D, but they can stay in front of their man/play the passing lanes with the rest around them. Buckets/Eddie Jones are both damn good to elite perimeter defenders, with Jones forcing turnovers at will. Draymond/Smoove are both elite defenders with serious flexibility, able to defend inside and out without issue. Pau had damn good defense at the time and was able to protect the paint/move around well in the mid-range. Whiteside can just protect the paint and alter shots at will while gobbling up rebounds.

Also, the team can easily go small (Curry/Dragic/Buckets or Jones/Smoove/Draymond) or big (Curry/Jones/Smoove/Pau/Whiteside) without missing a beat on either end.

KCJ58
12-01-2016, 09:38 PM
I expressed my right and voted!

Fernando
12-01-2016, 11:09 PM
Starting 5:

PG - Kyle Lowry
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - Grant Hill
PF - Chris Webber
C - Boogie Cousins

Bench: Isaiah Thomas PG, Joe Johnson SG/SF, Marcus Camby C.

Rick Adelman's corner offense built on the 4 and 5 flashing to the high post for pick and roll action on the weak side or a three man game on the strong side with your two off ball wing players.

Strengths: elite passing big men with excellent slashing ball handlers, great at finishing st the rim and drawing fouls.

OSUGiants
12-01-2016, 11:42 PM
http://imgur.com/jW4OqzG.png
PG: CP3 (09) | 22.8 ppg - 11.0 ast - 5.5 reb - 2.8 stl - .503 FG% on 16.1 FGA
SG: Jason Terry (07) | 16.7 ppg - 5.2 ast - 2.9 reb - 1.0 stl - .438 3P% on 4.6 3PA
SF: The Truth (08) | 19.6 ppg - 4.5 ast - 5.1 reb - 1.3 stl - .464 FG% on 13.7 FGA
PF: Boshtrich (14) | 16.2 ppg - 1.1 ast - 6.6 reb - 1.0 blk - .516 FG% on 12.1 FGA - .339 3P% on 2.8 3PA
C: Tyson Chandler (12) | 11.3 ppg - .9 ast - 9.9 reb - 1.4 blk - .679 FG% on 5.7 FGA

Bench:
PG/SG: Monta Ellis (11) | 24.1 ppg - 5.6 ast - 3.5 reb - 2.1 stl - .361 3P% on 4.7 3PA
SF: Ron Artest (04) | 18.3 ppg - 3.7 ast - 5.3 reb - 2.1 stl - .421 FG% on 15.2 FGA
PF/C: Vlade Divac (02) | 11.1 ppg - 3.7 ast - 8.4 reb - 1.2 blk - .472 FG% on 9.0 FGA

This team will operate just like the '08 championship winning Celtics. The offense runs through CP3. His ability to either drive and kick out to Terry/Pierce, along with running the pick & roll or pick & pop with Bosh make him the perfect PG for my team. Paul, Terry, Pierce, Ellis and even Bosh are all legit 3 point shooters who can get open with or without the ball in their hands. Chandler gives me the size down low to let Bosh roam and score off easy pick & roll's with CP3. Ellis provides solid scoring off the bench and can come in for either guard.

Artest and Paul are two elite perimeter defenders who can give shooters fits. Chandler was the DPOY that year and a beast down low he has the size to matchup with just about anyone.

Kyle
12-01-2016, 11:55 PM
PG- John Stockton (2001)
SG- Kobe Bryant (2003)
SF- Peja Stojakovic (2004)
PF- Karl Malone (2000)
C- Anthony Davis (2015)

Bench
G- Sam Cassell (2004)
G/F- Reggie Miller (2000)
F/C- Rasheed Wallace (2001)

Offense has potential to do a lot of different things, with elite shooting with Peja/Reggie/Stockton, a young Kobe who was a mega elite athlete at the time and played a different style than the guy who lived in the mid range later in his career. Having a guy like that to force the defense to collapse with shooters like I have is really tough to stop.

Then throw in the fact that I have the best pick and roll combo of all time. You can argue that Stockton and Malone weren't at their peaks at this point and you'd be correct, but they were still extremely effective. Malone put up 25.5/9.5/3.7 that year and was one season removed from making first team all defense. Stockton shot 47% from three and was still very crafty/dirty on defense making him a great fit next to Kobe as an off ball PG who can still take pressure of him as a ball handler when needed, as he also averaged close to 9 assists a game that year.

Anthony Davis was incredible in 2015, leading a trash New Orleans team to a playoffs they had no business being a part of. He provides shot blocking and someone who does not need the ball in his hands to dominate a game. Without needing to be relied on as a go to scorer and concentrating on crashing the boards, playing help side defense, blocking shots and getting in passing lanes would make him an absolute force in those areas.

The only player on the roster who can't make an open three is Malone, opening up the lane for Kobe drives and Stockton/Malone pick and rolls all day. Crash on those and you have your pick of shooters that will burn you. Peja could easily be a stretch 4 in today's league at 6'10,and a Stockton/Kobe/Miller/Peja/Davis lineup has enough shooting to be almost unguardable.

When I need a defensive lift a Stockton/Kobe/Miller/Sheed/Brow lineup more than does the trick. 2003 Kobe was a way better defender than his later years, Stockton was always a good to great defender, Reggie held his own, Sheed was great and Brow is a great help defender and with Sheed to take the best big man it opens him up to help more. Malone was also a very good defender who could fill the same as Sheed.

comahan
12-02-2016, 02:50 AM
Joakim Noah 2014 - Tim Duncan 2003 - Paul Millsap 2016

Trio of bigs able to adapt to matchup - can go big with Noah and Duncan or play small with Duncan at center with Millsap in there. All three are great passers and any two at a time can play the high/low with one another. On defense, all three can defend the paint as well as the pick n roll, something needed with big men in this era.

Paul George 2014 - Bruce Bowen 2006

In George I have an all around player, secondary ball handler, and fantastic defender with great length. In 2014 he was the best in the league at defending pick n roll on the perimeter and I'm confident he'd be able to stifle any SG/SF ball handlers, or at least make them work extraordinarily hard. With Bowen, he's pure 3/d, corner 3's for days with all time level perimeter defense.

Manu Ginobili 2008 - Chauncey Billups 2008 - Gilbert Arenas 2006

Manu was a super elite player in 2008. Like legit one of the best guard seasons in the last 20 years. 2015 Harden with less usage. Combine that with the floor generalship, shooting, and defense of Billups and the dynamic offensive ability of Arenas and you have a trio of guards who can all play together, can all space the floor, can all shoot, can all play pick n roll, and I'll never lose anything on defense even with Arenas in, as I have Billups/Manu/George/Bowen to cover up any deficiencies he had on that end.

---

The offense would be constant movement with elite passing from all over the court, top notch spacing, great shooting, several players able to make their own shot, and one of the GOATs there to throw it to in the post. The defense is, I think, the best in the draft. At no point in my rotations would there be an exploitable weak spot.

TACKS
12-02-2016, 09:56 AM
--------------------------(15)James Harden------------------(03)Doug Christie
---------------------------27/6/7/2 .61TS% 38%3pt-------------------9/4/5/2 .59TS% 40%3pt
--------------------------*1st Team All-NBA, #1 in WS------------------*1st Team All-Defense

(06)Dirk Nowitzki--------------------------------------------------------------------------(07)Shane Battier
-27/9/3 .59TS% 41%3pt---------------------------------------------------------------------------10/4/2/1/1 .59TS% 42%3pt
*1st Team All-NBA, #1 in WS-------------------------------------------------------------------------*2nd Team All-Defense

(00)David Robinson
18/10/2/1/2.5b .57TS%
#1 DRtg, .238 WS/48, 24.6PER

BENCH

*6th Man*
PG (08)Baron Davis
----22/5/8/2 .52TS% 33%3pt
----#3 in Off. RAPM

F (11)Lamar Odom
---14/9/3 .59TS% 38%3pt
---*6th Man of the Year

C (10)Andrew Bogut
---16/10/2/2.5b .54TS%
---*3rd Team All-NBA

On these superteams, not everyone can score 20+points a night so you need guys who can find ways to still be very impactful when their scoring volume is scaled back. This is a team constructed to fit in a way to maximize the talents of every player by putting them in the best role for them. Starting lineup features 3 very elite defenders who thrived as role players in these years. On the other end I got two of the most devastating offensive players of this era who pair perfectly together who are surrounded by knockdown shooters.

OFFENSE
- Harden-Prime Dirk high pick-n-rolls all day. Dirk is the GOAT PnR big man. I don't think it's hyperbole to say that's damn near unstoppable, especially with my spacing.
- Harden at the point with Christie as a secondary ballhandler/playmaker (5ast/game)
- Battier and his 42% 3pt shooting (on 4.5 att) will be the sniper in the corner
- Admiral still has the athleticism to dive to the basket and finish at/above the rim like and can also spot up from the midrange. Also a very good passing big as well.
- Baron Davis will be the sparkplug, super 6th man coming off the bench. He can play point alongside Harden or carry the offense on his own for stretches.
- Odom can be a point forward but shot well enough from 3 that year to be a legit perimeter threat.

DEFENSE
- Dirk and Harden are the weakspots defensively but Dirk is a perfectly adequate defender who was a strong defensive rebounder. We know about Harden's defense but 2015 was also his best year for effort and I can hide him on the opponents weakest wing
- To compensate, I have one of the defensive GOATs. Admiral provides that dominant rim protecting presence. Does everything you want from a defensive anchor & also won't be asked to carry much of an offensive load so he can focus on playing great defense.
- Battier and Christie are elite perimeter defenders. Battier is as good at man D as any perimeter guy in this era and Christie was great at forcing turnovers. Like Admiral, because Harden and Dirk will be carrying much of the offensive load they can focus on hounding guys on the defensive end.
- Bogut might've won DPOY had he not got hurt at the end of 2010. 2.5 blocks/game while drawing a ridiculous 49 charges on the season.

Zach
12-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Russell Westbrook, PG [16]
Kyle Korver, SG [15]
Vince Carter, SF [01]
Kevin Garnett, PF [04]
DeAndre Jordan, C [15]

LaMarcus Aldridge, PF [15]
Kyrie Irving, PG [15]
Giannis Antetokounmpo, F [16]

Really? We have a group of athletes that can shoot, defend, and do everything. We have three shooters that shot over .40 from three for the year. We have defensive players, we have MVPs, we have everything here. We have three seven footers that can play together.... If I need to, I can put a lineup of Russ / Vince / Giannis / KG /Jordan and disrupt everything on defense.

SP
12-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Big...

Tony Parker 13 / Rajon Rondo 09
Brandon Roy 09 / Klay Thompson 15
Kevin Durant 14
Marc Gasol 13 / Jermaine O'Neal 04
Ben Wallace 03

Or small...

Tony Parker / Rajon Rondo
Brandon Roy
Klay Thompson
Kevin Durant / Jermaine O'Neal
Ben Wallace / Marc Gasol

Either way your team will be destroyed.

BanTx
12-03-2016, 03:08 AM
PG: Deron William
SG: Tracy McGrady
SF: Andre Iguodala
PF: Amare Stoudamire
C: Dikembe Mutumbo

Bench:
F: Gerald Wallace
F: Serge Ibaka
G: Michael Finley

Well balanced team that can score and lock down on both sides of the ball. A D-Will and STAT pick and roll will be hard to stop. With multiple ball handlers on the team each position can be moved for multiple lineups for any team we play.

fenikz
12-03-2016, 01:10 PM
Starters

Gary Payton, 1999-2000, 24.2 PPG, 8.9 APG, 6.5 RPG, 1.9 SPG, 0.2 BPG, .448/.340/.735, 7.6 VORP(57th All-Time)

Brent Barry, 2001-2002, 14.4 PPG, 5.3 APG, 5.4 RPG, 1.8 SPG, 0.5 BPG, .508/.424/.846, 6.0 VORP(153rd All-Time)

Rashard Lewis, 2007-2008, 18.2 PPG, 2.4 APG, 5.4 RPG, 1.2 SPG, 0.5 BPG, .445/.409/.838, 4.5 VORP

Andrei Kirilenko, 2003-2004, 16.5 PPG, 3.1 APG, 8.1 RPG, 1.9 SPG, 2.8 BPG, .443/.338/.790, 7.5 VORP(67th All-Time)

Shaquille O'Neal, 1999-2000, 29.7 PPG, 3.8 APG, 13.6 RPG, 0.5 SPG< 3.0 BPG, .574/.000/.575, 9.3 VORP(18th All-Time)

Bench

Damian Lillard, 2014-2015, 21.0 PPG, 6.2 APG, 4.6 RPG, 1.2 SPG, 0.3 BPG, .434/.343/.864. 5.2 VORP

Scottie Pippen, 1999-2000, 12.5 PPG, 5.0 APG, 6.3 RPG, 1.4 SPG, 0.5 BPG, .451/.327/.717, 4.3 VORP

Elton Brand, 2005-2006, 24.7 PPG, 2.6 APG, 10.0 RPG, 1.0 SPG, 2.5 BPG, .527/.333/.775, 6.5 VORP(117th All-Time)

tawdmsHSYBY

mqt
12-03-2016, 04:29 PM
PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Ray Allen
SF: LeBron James
PF: Kevin Love
C: Yao Ming

Bench: Derrick Rose, Michael Redd, James Posey

LeBron is the key to this roster, as his offensive and defensive versatility allow me to play around with a variety of lineups. Redd and Allen can both camp out at the three point line while LeBron drives and kicks it out, although unlike the Miami Heat version of Allen, 2001 Ray can also attack the basket himself.

Rose is in there to take some of the pressure off LeBron as a primary scoring threat as a ball handler whereas Kidd can be a solid starter with great defense and playmaking.

Love provides some much needed spacing for my ball handlers to drive inside, while also providing rebounding and the ability to play as a 5.

Yao is my answer to the teams with genuine big men, and can also act as a matchup nightmare for those teams that are going small.

Posey is there to help with going small, both with or without LeBron in the lineup, while also providing strong wing defense in a traditional lineup.

I feel like I can mix and match these parts to make some intriguing lineups depending on which lineups are facing mine.

TACKS
12-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Scottyboy

PG: Nash
SG: Rip
SF: Melo
PF: Al Horford
C: Dwight Howard

Bench:
G Iverson
F: Stackhouse
F/C: K-Mart

My offense is beautiful with scorers being set up by Nash and Dwight Howard gobbling up every rebound ever. Throw Stack or Iverson in there, and Melo can play the 4 if we go small. K-Mart and Horford can both play the 4 or 5, offering versatility. ALSO, I know he's much maligned here, but having one of the most impressive individual MVP and dragging a corpse of a team to the finals, Iverson as the 6th man is sex. And the perfect spot for him. The end.

TACKS
12-05-2016, 06:12 PM
#6 - tie
mqt
17 points (1st place votes: 1)

#6 - tie

Zach
17 points (1st place votes: 1)
---

OSUGiants
18 points (1st place votes: 1)
---

Kyle
20 points (1st place votes: 2)
---

Brodie
24 points (1st place votes: 2)
---

TACKS
30 points (1st place votes: 2)
---

comahan
31 points (1st place votes: 2)

---

Also receiving 1st place votes
Fernando
SP

TACKS
12-05-2016, 09:04 PM
1. commie
2. TACKS
3. Brodie
4. Kyle
5. OSU
6. mqt

#1 comahan & #2 TACKS get byes into the next round

#4 Kyle vs. #5 OSUGiants

#3 Brodie vs. #6 mqt

TACKS
12-05-2016, 09:10 PM
#4 KYLE
PG- John Stockton (2001)
SG- Kobe Bryant (2003)
PF- Karl Malone (2000)
C- Anthony Davis (2015)

Bench
G- Sam Cassell (2004)

Offense has potential to do a lot of different things, with elite shooting with Peja/Reggie/Stockton, a young Kobe who was a mega elite athlete at the time and played a different style than the guy who lived in the mid range later in his career. Having a guy like that to force the defense to collapse with shooters like I have is really tough to stop.

Then throw in the fact that I have the best pick and roll combo of all time. You can argue that Stockton and Malone weren't at their peaks at this point and you'd be correct, but they were still extremely effective. Malone put up 25.5/9.5/3.7 that year and was one season removed from making first team all defense. Stockton shot 47% from three and was still very crafty/dirty on defense making him a great fit next to Kobe as an off ball PG who can still take pressure of him as a ball handler when needed, as he also averaged close to 9 assists a game that year.

Anthony Davis was incredible in 2015, leading a trash New Orleans team to a playoffs they had no business being a part of. He provides shot blocking and someone who does not need the ball in his hands to dominate a game. Without needing to be relied on as a go to scorer and concentrating on crashing the boards, playing help side defense, blocking shots and getting in passing lanes would make him an absolute force in those areas.

The only player on the roster who can't make an open three is Malone, opening up the lane for Kobe drives and Stockton/Malone pick and rolls all day. Crash on those and you have your pick of shooters that will burn you. Peja could easily be a stretch 4 in today's league at 6'10,and a Stockton/Kobe/Miller/Peja/Davis lineup has enough shooting to be almost unguardable.

When I need a defensive lift a Stockton/Kobe/Miller/Sheed/Brow lineup more than does the trick. 2003 Kobe was a way better defender than his later years, Stockton was always a good to great defender, Reggie held his own, Sheed was great and Brow is a great help defender and with Sheed to take the best big man it opens him up to help more. Malone was also a very good defender who could fill the same as Sheed.

vs.

#5 OSUGiants

http://imgur.com/jW4OqzG.png

PG: CP3 (09) | 22.8 ppg - 11.0 ast - 5.5 reb - 2.8 stl - .503 FG% on 16.1 FGA
SG: Jason Terry (07) | 16.7 ppg - 5.2 ast - 2.9 reb - 1.0 stl - .438 3P% on 4.6 3PA
SF: The Truth (08) | 19.6 ppg - 4.5 ast - 5.1 reb - 1.3 stl - .464 FG% on 13.7 FGA
PF: Chris Bosh (14) | 16.2 ppg - 1.1 ast - 6.6 reb - 1.0 blk - .516 FG% on 12.1 FGA - .339 3P% on 2.8 3PA
C: Tyson Chandler (12) | 11.3 ppg - .9 ast - 9.9 reb - 1.4 blk - .679 FG% on 5.7 FGA

Bench:
PG/SG: Monta Ellis (11) | 24.1 ppg - 5.6 ast - 3.5 reb - 2.1 stl - .361 3P% on 4.7 3PA
SF: Ron Artest (04) | 18.3 ppg - 3.7 ast - 5.3 reb - 2.1 stl - .421 FG% on 15.2 FGA
PF/C: Vlade Divac (02) | 11.1 ppg - 3.7 ast - 8.4 reb - 1.2 blk - .472 FG% on 9.0 FGA

This team will operate just like the '08 championship winning Celtics. The offense runs through CP3. His ability to either drive and kick out to Terry/Pierce, along with running the pick & roll or pick & pop with Bosh make him the perfect PG for my team. Paul, Terry, Pierce, Ellis and even Bosh are all legit 3 point shooters who can get open with or without the ball in their hands. Chandler gives me the size down low to let Bosh roam and score off easy pick & roll's with CP3. Ellis provides solid scoring off the bench and can come in for either guard.

Artest and Paul are two elite perimeter defenders who can give shooters fits. Chandler was the DPOY that year and a beast down low he has the size to matchup with just about anyone.

SP
12-05-2016, 11:36 PM
I had Kyle #1 so I'm gonna go for him

Fernando
12-05-2016, 11:45 PM
If OSU had anyone that could shred Kyle's defense I might be inclined to vote for him. But he does not. So

Vote: Kyle

TACKS
12-06-2016, 12:17 AM
I just think OSU is going to have too hard of a time outscoring Kyle. Kyle's defense is just ok but the offense is devastating, Malone in particular seems like a matchup nightmare vs Bosh/Chandler and like Fernando said, idk if OSU has the gunners to really punish him on the other end (which is why I don't quite understand taking 08 Pierce over 02).

vote: Kyle

mqt
12-06-2016, 01:30 AM
Kyle for sure.

Brodie
12-06-2016, 01:46 AM
I had these two 3 and 4 on my ballot, so uhhh shit. I honestly think people are underestimating the absolute beating Chris Paul would place on the older John Stockton. He was pretty much all time great PG level at that point. My issue is having two guys (Jet and Monta) that are better as sixth men, and not as starting SGs. I do think Kyle's interior is beatable as hell, but not that variation of Bosh. Bleh.

OSU I guess because stop disrespecting Chris Paul.

comahan
12-06-2016, 01:55 AM
vote: kyle

well balanced, good bench, dynamic big men, good shooting/spacing, stockton malone pnr, and peak kobe to break down defenses

TACKS
12-06-2016, 07:33 PM
vote you assholes.

Kyle
12-06-2016, 07:55 PM
I vote for Kyle, his team is stacked tbh.

scottyboy
12-07-2016, 02:54 PM
sorry guys, I've been MIA. hectic shit the last couple of days. Lemme look over the teams and such at lunch and vote

scottyboy
12-07-2016, 05:29 PM
I love Kyle's offense but Peja there makes it a freaking sieve on D. However, I think Kobe shreds Terry.

Vote Kyle

OSUGiants
12-07-2016, 07:15 PM
Chris Paul would be on Kobe with Artest helping off the bench and Tyson helping down low. Kobe would not shred Paul at all and Terry could handle old man stockton

Kyle
12-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Peja is really the only below average defender on my roster (Cassell was 5th in the league in defensive win shares among PG's in 2004.) So I don't totally understand the defensive concerns some are having.

TACKS
12-07-2016, 11:05 PM
fuck man, let's not let this die.

Kyle is up 5-1. I don't see a 5 vote swing coming out of nowhere. Therefore, Kyle advances to the next round.

TACKS
12-07-2016, 11:08 PM
#3 Brodie
PG: Steph Curry (16)
SG: Eddie Jones (00)
SF: Jimmy Butler (15)
PF: Draymond Green (16)
C: Pau Gasol (10)

Bench:
G: Goran Dragic (14)
F: Josh Smith (10)
C: Hassan Whiteside (16)

My offense is pretty much centered around constant movement/flow and the pick and roll. I have 7 above average passers who can run the pick and roll well, which works considering the strengths of everyone on this team on offense. Everyone on the team can work well without the ball and cause havoc with consistent movement.

As for individual strengths, Steph Curry is clearly the best shooter of all time, and is elite at moving in and out of the pick and roll while moving to separate parts of the court. Eddie Jones is a damn good shooter and passer, while solid at getting to the line. Buckets is another good shooter but substitutes a lot of that with being a very good slasher to the basket, which compliments this lineup well. Draymond largely sticks to the paint and threes, but is again elite at the pick and roll while being probably the best passer on a team filled with them. Pau is yet again another elite passer/pick and roll movement man from his position, and is a dominant post presence while being damn good at mid-range. Dragic is a good passer and is ridiculously good inside for a man of his size, while being an ace of the corner three. Smoove had intelligent shot selection at this point (somehow) and mostly stuck to how great he was in the post, where his athleticism allows him to dominate, and his well above average passing/pick and roll talent allows for a lot of flexibility. Whiteside can pretty much nail the occasional jumper while being very, very good in the post.

The team defense is also a pretty clear strength. Curry and Dragic aren't necessarily known for their D, but they can stay in front of their man/play the passing lanes with the rest around them. Buckets/Eddie Jones are both damn good to elite perimeter defenders, with Jones forcing turnovers at will. Draymond/Smoove are both elite defenders with serious flexibility, able to defend inside and out without issue. Pau had damn good defense at the time and was able to protect the paint/move around well in the mid-range. Whiteside can just protect the paint and alter shots at will while gobbling up rebounds.

Also, the team can easily go small (Curry/Dragic/Buckets or Jones/Smoove/Draymond) or big (Curry/Jones/Smoove/Pau/Whiteside) without missing a beat on either end.

VS.

#6 mqt
PG: Jason Kidd (02)
SG: Ray Allen (01)
SF: LeBron James (13)
PF: Kevin Love (14)
C: Yao Ming (09)

Bench: Derrick Rose (11), Michael Redd (04), James Posey (08)

LeBron is the key to this roster, as his offensive and defensive versatility allow me to play around with a variety of lineups. Redd and Allen can both camp out at the three point line while LeBron drives and kicks it out, although unlike the Miami Heat version of Allen, 2001 Ray can also attack the basket himself.

Rose is in there to take some of the pressure off LeBron as a primary scoring threat as a ball handler whereas Kidd can be a solid starter with great defense and playmaking.

Love provides some much needed spacing for my ball handlers to drive inside, while also providing rebounding and the ability to play as a 5.

Yao is my answer to the teams with genuine big men, and can also act as a matchup nightmare for those teams that are going small.

Posey is there to help with going small, both with or without LeBron in the lineup, while also providing strong wing defense in a traditional lineup.

I feel like I can mix and match these parts to make some intriguing lineups depending on which lineups are facing mine.

Kyle
12-08-2016, 01:50 AM
Vote: Brodie unless this is just going to die for no reason

fenikz
12-08-2016, 02:01 AM
MQT for me

SP
12-08-2016, 02:22 AM
Mqt for me, sorry Corey. And Steph and Dray.

OSUGiants
12-08-2016, 02:41 AM
Had these two 3/4 and I think they're very evenly matched. Steph/Kidd is a great matchup and prime Ray can go shot for shot with Steph. I give this one to mqt but just barely

TACKS
12-08-2016, 02:46 AM
I don't really like the LeBron-Kidd redundancy, especially considering Kidd can't shoot but Kidd running those fastbreaks with Bron on the wing and Ray shooting transition 3's would be pretty devastating. Hmmm...

TACKS
12-08-2016, 03:02 AM
vote: Brodie

It's hard to go against 13 Bron + a solid roster but I just think Yao and Fat Kevin Love are gonna have way too many problems defending Curry in PnR's out on the perimeter.

mqt
12-08-2016, 03:45 AM
vote: Brodie

It's hard to go against 13 Bron + a solid roster but I just think Yao and Fat Kevin Love are gonna have way too many problems defending Curry in PnR's out on the perimeter.

Who says Yao or Love need to get involved?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV3O94yv4vc&context=C4c06177ADvjVQa1PpcFO6mrZw1h4LzEJTf78lNKfK CWBkZNtsnLk=

Prock
12-08-2016, 02:39 PM
MQT fa sho.

scottyboy
12-08-2016, 03:52 PM
I think mqt needs to have Lebron running the 4 and his team runs circles around Brodie's. Yao would work Pau in the paint (and I love Pau) and being able to outlet to Kidd, Rose, Lebron, etc and run the break. That's sexy and scary.

Fat Kevin Love was also a phenomenal rebounder at the 5 and excellent with his outlet passes. Defensively, Kidd was a damn good defender, I think he gives Curry some problems. When Butler is out, Lebron can even cover Curry and Brodie's team is shot.

vote mqt

TACKS
12-08-2016, 05:32 PM
mqt: 5

Brodie: 2

Brodie
12-08-2016, 08:38 PM
I'm sorry but mqt's team cannot under any circumstance keep up with the spacing/ball movement on my team. This vote is ridiculous. Yao/Kevin Love would get fucking torched.

KCJ58
12-08-2016, 08:55 PM
I'm sorry but mqt's team cannot under any circumstance keep up with the spacing/ball movement on my team. This vote is ridiculous. Yao/Kevin Love would get fucking torched.

vote mqt

Brodie
12-08-2016, 09:05 PM
Nobody cares about your worthless opinion.

nerv
12-10-2016, 10:14 PM
1 vote for not Brodeur

Fernando
12-10-2016, 11:40 PM
Vote: Corey

scottyboy
12-11-2016, 03:19 PM

I highly doubt both would be on the court much at all. And torched by who, exactly?

TACKS
12-11-2016, 04:53 PM
I highly doubt both would be on the court much at all. And torched by who, exactly?

umm...Steph? Yao and Fat Love are pretty much the worst possible pair of bigs for defending a Curry high PnR. As good of a defender as Kidd may be, if Dray or Pau screen him above the 3pt line, the GOAT shooter is gonna have a shitload of space to get his shot off time and time again.

Also, I guess you can assume mqt would roll with a different starting lineup but he posted the lineup he posted. But even if he did start Rose+Kidd as the backcourt, I don't know why you'd want to pair LeBron with two ball dominant players who don't shoot very well.

In a vacuum I think Brodie and mqt's teams are close but head-to-head, this is just a bad matchup for mqt.

scottyboy
12-11-2016, 06:46 PM
umm...Steph? Yao and Fat Love are pretty much the worst possible pair of bigs for defending a Curry high PnR. As good of a defender as Kidd may be, if Dray or Pau screen him above the 3pt line, the GOAT shooter is gonna have a shitload of space to get his shot off time and time again.

Also, I guess you can assume mqt would roll with a different starting lineup but he posted the lineup he posted. But even if he did start Rose+Kidd as the backcourt, I don't know why you'd want to pair LeBron with two ball dominant players who don't shoot very well.

In a vacuum I think Brodie and mqt's teams are close but head-to-head, this is just a bad matchup for mqt.

I think he'd start lebron at the four and probably Posey, really. Fat love and Yao would clean up the boards and in the paint, offensively, really. You say how mqt wouldn't be able to stop Steph in the PnR, but I don't see how Brodie's team stops mqt...anywhere

towelie
12-11-2016, 07:35 PM
dray would kick the hell outta yao

Kyle
12-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Can he get his foot up high enough to get to Yao's balls though?

mqt
05-07-2017, 03:44 AM
So I win, right?

Brodie
05-07-2017, 03:46 AM
I still have Dray you fuck

TACKS
05-07-2017, 03:53 AM
My roster construction was beautiful in this one.

Brodie
05-07-2017, 04:07 AM
I would have beat Irish. You people are fucking garbage. Yao Ming against that team?

Kyle
05-07-2017, 04:36 AM
So we're gonna bring this all the way back and not accept that I would have destroyed everyone alright

PG- John Stockton (2001)
SG- Kobe Bryant (2003)
PF- Karl Malone (2000)
C- Anthony Davis (2015)

Bench
G- Sam Cassell (2004)