05-29-2015, 04:25 PM
Wooo me talking to myself.

MaxV
05-29-2015, 04:28 PM
Nope, wrong. I'm here.

killxswitch
05-29-2015, 04:34 PM
Nope, wrong. I'm here.

Sweet! You might know the backstory already for why this website is up but if not head over to the RDT.

Just wanted to make sure no Colts fans were orphaned over there.

MaxV
05-29-2015, 11:34 PM
RDT? I saw your pm, hopefully guys come over

killxswitch
05-29-2015, 11:48 PM
Random Discussion Thread.

UKfan
05-30-2015, 11:49 AM
Howdy, another Colts fan over here!

killxswitch
05-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Glad you found it. I went through the off-season thread on swdc and PM'd everyone in there, didn't mean to leave you out UKfan!

UKfan
05-30-2015, 02:38 PM
That's ok :) I haven't posted much in the individual team thread over on the old site.

How we all feeling about this upcoming season?

MaxV
05-31-2015, 01:12 AM
I am upset that they haven't addressed the D as much as they should have.

They do have some talented prospects on the roster. We'll see.

killxswitch
05-31-2015, 04:13 AM
The offense should be top 3, no excuses. I am still annoyed about using the first rounder on a WR. We need a starting NT. I don't love the depth at DL in general. Our safeties are suspect as are our ILBS.

That said, I like several of our rookies. Anderson, Geathers, and Robinson are potentially exciting players at a spot where they can make a difference.

UKfan
05-31-2015, 10:17 AM
Yeah I am excited to see the offense this year. Hopefully the O-Line holds up (Center still worries me, hopefully Holmes or Harrison get a grip of the job) and we utilise our weapons effectively.

Defence I am still worried about getting run on. I don't know much about the DLs we drafted I must admit, but as you say NT would have been nice higher, and competition at ILB would have been good too.

MaxV
05-31-2015, 11:48 PM
Hopefully guys like Newsome, Kerr and McDonald keep progressing also.

killxswitch
06-01-2015, 03:10 PM
Not sure what Kerr's role is on defense. Too much of a penetrator to really play NT, but he's not unseating Jones and doesn't seem like a fit at DE either. Is he just a rotational DT and passing downs NT? Seems like a talented player that doesn't have a role on this defense.

It'll be interesting to see how much Newsome grows as a pass rusher, a lot of his sacks were either unblocked or against favorable matchups. He still made the plays so I don't want to take too much away from him.

RCAChainGang
06-12-2015, 02:52 AM
Whats up guys?

So now we have DC, coltsfreaks, and this too?

killxswitch
06-12-2015, 01:45 PM
I think DC is pretty much done.

RCAChainGang
06-22-2015, 09:49 PM
I think DC is pretty much done.

I'll stay there to read draft reviews from other poster but yeah Colts talk is dead there. Shame...

RCAChainGang
06-22-2015, 09:52 PM
Haha guys I'm finally getting out of TN and moving to Chicago.

Hopefully that means I'll get to go see some Lucas Oil games.

General Zod
06-22-2015, 10:53 PM
Im an area Colts fan, I live about 30 mins southeast of Indy. My first team is the Vikes of course. 2nd team is the Colts.

RCAChainGang
06-23-2015, 03:05 AM
Checking sig and awesome killxswitch quote.

Edit: all is good.

Niel89
06-24-2015, 02:36 AM
Im an area Colts fan, I live about 30 mins southeast of Indy. My first team is the Vikes of course. 2nd team is the Colts.

Colts are my 2nd team now too. I came over with Luck and now they apparently can't stop getting Stanford players.

killxswitch
06-24-2015, 01:24 PM

Shelbyville?

killxswitch
06-29-2015, 01:43 PM
Checking sig and awesome killxswitch quote.

Edit: all is good.

May it live on in infamy.

General Zod
06-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Shelbyville?

Close lol

Greensburg

killxswitch
06-29-2015, 02:07 PM
Good old Greensburg.

Ok I know nothing about Greensburg. I've driven past it on my way to Cincy.

General Zod
06-29-2015, 10:30 PM
Good old Greensburg.

Ok I know nothing about Greensburg. I've driven past it on my way to Cincy.

Its bascially Shelbyville, only with a courthouse with a tree growing out the top of it. lol

RCAChainGang
07-10-2015, 07:18 PM
What would be the cheapest tickets to colts games usually $ wise? I'm really hoping I can go see a game now that I live closer and no longer have papers to write.

killxswitch
07-10-2015, 07:37 PM
What would be the cheapest tickets to colts games usually $ wise? I'm really hoping I can go see a game now that I live closer and no longer have papers to write.

There's no tiered pricing yet so a any game that isn't completely sold out, just buy the cheapest ones. If you go aftermarket, think about unpopular teams that don't travel well and have no chance to win.

RCAChainGang
07-10-2015, 08:04 PM
There's no tiered pricing yet so a any game that isn't completely sold out, just buy the cheapest ones. If you go aftermarket, think about unpopular teams that don't travel well and have no chance to win.

Nice thanks! Yeah I don't care if I'm in the nosebleeds. I haven't gotten to see the Colts out of LP field since the RCA Dome.

Seamus2602
08-05-2015, 10:15 PM
So this is where everyone went

killxswitch
08-06-2015, 05:00 AM
More or less. The site needs a way to attract new people though.

RCAChainGang
08-07-2015, 08:07 AM
Anybody going to training camp?

killxswitch
08-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Wish I could this year but I don't have time. I think the last time I was up there was 2012.

UKfan
08-09-2015, 08:50 PM
Any clue on how we might line up next year on offense? It's a nice problem to have, but will be interesting to see what personnel we throw out there with Hilton, Johnson, Moncrief, Carter, Dorsett, Allen and Fleener all good receiving options.

Keeping up with camp it seems the WRs are really going well, not seen so much on the TEs.

killxswitch
08-09-2015, 10:37 PM
Allen doesn't sound that promising. Keeps dropping the ball. I'm hoping for a bounce back year from him.

The talent definitely sounds stacked at WR. I've heard good things about pretty much all of them including Carter and Whalen.

Art Jones has been throwing his weight around, involved in multiple fights with OK. He's the vet presence in that line now. I hope his aggressiveness spreads.

I'm really wishing we'd taken Xavier Rhodes instead of Werner in 2013. With his measurables and Paganos coaching we'd have a very nice set of corners this year.

RCAChainGang
08-10-2015, 06:04 AM
Allen doesn't sound that promising. Keeps dropping the ball. I'm hoping for a bounce back year from him.

The talent definitely sounds stacked at WR. I've heard good things about pretty much all of them including Carter and Whalen.

Art Jones has been throwing his weight around, involved in multiple fights with OK. He's the vet presence in that line now. I hope his aggressiveness spreads.

I'm really wishing we'd taken Xavier Rhodes instead of Werner in 2013. With his measurables and Paganos coaching we'd have a very nice set of corners this year.

I wish we had taken Rhodes. That all I wanted from that draft.
I heard Jonathan Harrison got kicked out of a practice? What the hell? What happened?

killxswitch
08-10-2015, 01:54 PM
I wish we had taken Rhodes. That all I wanted from that draft.
I heard Jonathan Harrison got kicked out of a practice? What the hell? What happened?

Hadn't heard that, but apparently he and Quarles got into it enough that Pagano kicked them both out.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Practice-Seven-Training-Camp-Notebook-Injuries-Allow-For-Others-To-Impress-Chuck-Pagano/c4257e9b-8af5-4fa4-88ee-03cb7bda316e

I also noted from this report that Donald Thomas is apparently still on the PUP list. There is a conflicting report from a few days ago stating he was removed from it.

UKfan
08-10-2015, 03:50 PM

That's a shame about Allen, dude looked a beast early on.

killxswitch
08-10-2015, 04:44 PM
That's a shame about Allen, dude looked a beast early on.

Don't necessarily take my word for it. He's also shed weight down to 255 to play faster and stay on the field more. He is working. And apparently the night w/his drops was a bad night for a few players, and they came back the next day and had a much better practice. I'm not writing him off yet. And it's not like I'm there, I'm just reading practice reports on the web.

MaxV
08-15-2015, 10:20 AM
I still like Allen. He is the best all-around TE on the team. I actually prefer Colts signing him to an extension over Fleener.

MaxV
08-16-2015, 08:32 PM
I don't know if the first pre-season game showed who should be on the team.

But it definitely showed who shouldn't be on the team.

killxswitch
08-17-2015, 01:02 PM
Tackling, how does it work?

Also Fleener has got to stop dropping those.

UKfan
08-18-2015, 07:45 PM
Tack...ling?

killxswitch
08-24-2015, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty concerned about the OL. Again. If Grigson is going to keep his job he needs to hire someone to handle assembling OL. An important part of leadership is being able to honestly assess yourself and admit that you're not good at something. He's not good at assembling OL talent. Maybe his background as a tackle is actually working against him, I don't know. But Holmes and Harrison both lack key parts of being a center, Lance Louis is too slow and weak to start at guard, Herremans hasn't looked worth signing yet (it's only preseason, I know), Reitz got paid fairly well but isn't getting a shot at all, and Evan Mathis is just sitting around with no job when we need a starting guard (do we need two starting guards?). I mean how does Richie Incognito have a job but Evan Mathis doesn't?

To a lesser extent I'm concerned about the DL. Jones and Langford have looked solid in preseason, Henry Anderson has looked solid as well for a rookie, and I like Kerr as Jones' backup (if they give him a shot at it), so maybe we're ok there. But our NTs are again terrible. Why, with such an important position, are we screwing around with JAGs like Chapman, Parry, etc. Parry isn't the right size or skill set to be an NFL NT. He shoots gaps and penetrates well but I don't see him as much of an anchor or the type that can or will handle two gap responsibilities.

And our ILBs. Ugh. Freeman can play at a high level but it's not consistent. DQ is old and slow and doesn't do anything well. Nate Irving is promising but who knows when he'll be physically ready. No exciting prospects from the young backups. Even if our DL plays well I don't think out LBs are capable of truly taking advantage of the free space they'll potentially be able to work in. I hope I'm wrong.

Skill positions look good though. QB (duh), RB w/Gore for now and Robinson and the other young guys in the future, WR is super deep and very talented at the top, TEs are solid though there are questions. Grigson seems to do best at these positions.

killxswitch
08-24-2015, 07:06 PM
OMFG Reggie. The Pats? Really???

"What I know Im not going to do is go somewhere else and play for one year, he said. "Nobody else. I dont have the time to be dipping and dabbing, one year here, maybe one year somewhere else.

"Put a stamp on it. Stamp it. Colt for life.

So much for that. You couldn't even visit Green Bay?

MaxV
09-06-2015, 01:06 AM
So Whalen is in, while both Chapman and Hughes are out.

I don't get this.

Hopefully Parry is the answer.

killxswitch
09-06-2015, 04:46 AM
I don't think the answer is on the roster. We only have 5 DL. Not nearly enough. Gotta think a trade or FA signing is coming soon. Parry is not an NFL NT yet.

MaxV
09-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Well, they picked up a DL from waivers in TY McGill. He sounds promising but, at 6' 299, he doesn't solve our NT dilemma.

They've also claimed Ravens' 5th round OG Robert Myers. If he is just average, then he can probably already start for us.

Babylon
09-07-2015, 05:34 PM
Well, they picked up a DL from waivers in TY McGill. He sounds promising but, at 6' 299, he doesn't solve our NT dilemma.

They've also claimed Ravens' 5th round OG Robert Myers. If he is just average, then he can probably already start for us.

McGill looked promising but a numbers game there in Seattle aced him out. Size an issue but he's a pretty aggresive D-lineman.

MaxV
09-15-2015, 07:53 PM
Well that was all around ugly. How much did Colts spend for Gore to not use him?

killxswitch
09-15-2015, 08:05 PM
It sounds like Luck made some bad audible decisions and forgot about running the ball. I think he needs to be reined in a little.

MaxV
09-22-2015, 04:05 PM
This is just all kinds of awful. We need new management and coaching.

killxswitch
09-22-2015, 04:36 PM
It's worse than I thought. I thought I was going in with cynical expectations and would hopefully be pleasantly surprised. But this team is broken. Grigson and Pagano are clearly not working together. Luck is showing the effects of too many hits, coupled w/bad plays from Hamilton. Irsay needs to act. Grigson is ruining Luck.

MaxV
09-27-2015, 08:40 PM
Another ugly performance, but a win is a win.

There is a lot of work left to be done.

killxswitch
09-28-2015, 06:34 PM
Pep needs to call the game of his life these next two games, and we need to hang 40+ on the Jags and Texans. Anything else, any more of this slow-developing garbage in which Luck gets destroyed 10x a game, and he absolutely has to be fired.

MaxV
10-05-2015, 02:01 AM
This team is very lucky to be 2-2. Could very well have been 0-4.

Hopefully they get their s*** together.

killxswitch
10-07-2015, 04:45 PM
If Pep would give Luck the gameplan he gave Hasslebeck, Luck wouldn't get killed and might actually get into a rhythm passing the ball.

killxswitch
10-09-2015, 03:53 PM
Fun game to watch last night. Good play calling, Frank Gore is amazing and Andre Johnson finally showed up to play. Hasslebeck was pretty incredible considering his age, health, and the complete lack of practice on a short week. It feels like a long time since I actually enjoyed watching a Colts game so it was great to see.

MaxV
11-09-2015, 01:58 AM
Finally, signs of life.

Hopefully this will build some momentum and they play the way they are capable of.

MaxV
12-21-2015, 08:15 PM
I think that was our chance for the playoffd.

killxswitch
12-22-2015, 02:00 PM
Yeah, it'll be hard to come back from that. And do we even want to? Anything that gives Irsay false hope about Grigson and Pagano (though I think Pagano is gone regardless of what happens at this point) is a bad thing for this team. The Colts need to hit the reset button. Backing into the playoffs with a division win that we don't deserve (no one in the South deserves to win) serves no purpose.

MaxV
01-08-2016, 03:41 PM
So, nothing changed. Pagano. Grigson.

I'm not as upset about Chuck, I think he is about league-average head coach, but Grigson is one of the worst.

I wonder what over-the-hill former star he'll pick up this off-season.

cmarq83
01-08-2016, 03:43 PM
You're going to spend way too much in a trade for Calvin because reasons...

It is known

Woot
01-08-2016, 03:49 PM
just trade us moncrief already.

MaxV
01-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Andre Johnson...

Final offer

RCAChainGang
01-28-2016, 02:48 AM
I'm in the forum mock and pretty busy so its has been hard to get a strategy. Input would be nice.

Players released:
Andre Johnson WR (5,000,000)
Trent Cole OLB (6,125,000)
Bjoern Werner OLB (1,481,781)
Ryan Lindley QB (675,000)
Josh Freeman QB (760,000)

Cap Savings: 14,041,781

New Colts Cap before Tenders: 33,441,225

Players Tendered:
Jack Doyle TE (RFA - 1.539,000 original tender)
Earl Okine DE (ERFA - 525,000 original tender)

Colts Cap Space after Tenders: $31,377,225

FA OFFERS (wave one greater than or equal to 4mil)
TE Dwayne Allen 4 year - 20 million (5 per)
TE Coby Fleener 2 year - 8 million (4 per)
OG Alex Boone 4 year - 20 million (5 per)
CB Janoris Jenkins 5 years 30 million (6 per)
S Eric Weddle 2 year 10 million (5 per)
OT Andre Smith 2 year 11 million (5.5 per)

Let me know what you guys think and what would be some good moves. Thanks!

killxswitch
01-28-2016, 02:08 PM
I would've kept Freeman to be the backup.

IMO Allen has done nothing to deserve $5 mil/year. Not even close. I don't really want to pay Fleener 4 mil either but I'd do that before I paid Allen $5 per.

Is Brandon Brooks available? I'd rather have him than Boone.

Jenkins at $6 mil is great, seems low.

RCAChainGang
01-29-2016, 04:22 AM
I would've kept Freeman to be the backup.

IMO Allen has done nothing to deserve $5 mil/year. Not even close. I don't really want to pay Fleener 4 mil either but I'd do that before I paid Allen $5 per.

Is Brandon Brooks available? I'd rather have him than Boone.

Jenkins at $6 mil is great, seems low.

I disagree on Allen. I think utilizing him the right way will give him a shot to prove his worth.

I got him for 5/20mil (Coby went for 5/20 too but I'd rather have Allen)

Andre Smith 2/14mill
Alex Boone 4/20 mill

And that's the first wave. I was outbid for Jenkins. He went for 5/60 and at that point I'd much rather just draft a CB2 or see what Smith has.

Thanks for the input killxswitch! You always have good opinions. Like I said I've been super busy with work. PM me if you want in on the rest of it. I'll let MJ know and we can co-GM.

killxswitch
02-01-2016, 05:54 PM
TBH I like discussing stuff but don't like having to schedule my real life around anything on the internet. A fantasy draft is bad enough. I'm good with you bouncing ideas off me and such but I don't want to co-GM.

RCAChainGang
02-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Well I missed the second wave of FA. So that was unfortunate. And I haven't done nearly enough scouting to be confident in my picks but so far I've got

OLB Noah Spence
OC Nick Martin

killxswitch
02-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Ha. I think you did great. I might like Ryan Kelly a tiny bit more but I still think Martin is a good pick.

killxswitch
02-01-2016, 07:09 PM
With OLB and C taken care of the positions I'd look at are:

DB (we need corner more, but I'd just take BPA)
OL (zone blockers)
RB
ILB

If a very good pass rush prospect comes available I'd still take him, even with Spence. Load up.

killxswitch
02-01-2016, 08:21 PM
Or Shawn Oakman, because I love him as a prospect and I think round 3 is ridiculous for someone with his potential.

RCAChainGang
02-02-2016, 01:51 AM
Well since I was so busy with work I missed the second wave of FA so I lost Jerell Freeman and Billy Winn. I like both for our defense so that is frustrating.

I agree with you. The two things I've wanted to fix are OL and Pass Rush. So With Andre Smith at RT, Alex Boone at RG, and Nick MArtin at Center I think it is well addressed. I will likely snag another pass rusher. then get some developmental players at ILB, CB, and S.

I'm hoping to get stop gap players at CB and ILB with players like Mike Jenkins ect in the third wave.

Looking back I should have sat this forum mock out because I'm so busy, but I wanted to make myself learn a bit about the draft. From my experience this is a push come to shove way.

I'll check back in to let you guys know how the rest of it goes. It's been fun!

RCAChainGang
02-02-2016, 03:37 AM
3rd round: Joe Schobert OLB Wisconsin

RCAChainGang
02-04-2016, 03:55 AM
4th: RB C.J. Prosise, Notre Dame - was busy at work for this pick so I asked MJ to pick BPA for needs in order of: CB, ILB, S, RB

5th: CB James Bradberry, Samford - I'm actually excited for this one. Had trouble finding tape of him and don't know any of the prospects at this point but I've read some really good stuff on him and he was at the Senior Bowl and apparently held his own.

So far in total:

1: OLB Noah Spence, Eastern Kentucky
2: OC Nick Martin, Notre Dame
3: OLB Joe Schobert, Wisconsin
4: C.J. Prosise, Notre Dame
5: CB James Bradberry, Samford

I'm pretty satisfied so far given what needs I could fill during FA. My biggest regret so far is ILB. Hoping I can find an athletic one to fill Jerell Freeman since I missed the second wave of FA. However, Shobert has been talked about as an ILB/OLB.

New starting OL

LT - LG - C - RG - RT
Anthony Castonzo, Jack Mewhort, Nick Martin, Alex Boone, Andre Smith

MaxV
04-30-2016, 04:32 PM
I'm not a fan of TJ Green pick. That's too early to take a multi-year project. The other 2 picks are good ones.

Green and Clark seem like very similar prospects and 3rd round is a good spot for these sort of prospects.

MaxV
05-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Some pretty interesting names in the UFA for the Colts:

Josh Ferguson (RB) - small but fast, could be a 3rd down back, needs to fix fumble issues
Curt Maggitt (OLB) - very productive junior season in SEC, missed most of senior season
Ron Thompson (DE/OLB) - limited athletically, but productive, has a shot to stick. Probably should have stayed for his senior season.
Drew Ott (DE/OLB) - non-stop motor with limited atletic ability. Might be a solid rotational guy
Sterling Bailey (DE) - not much of college career, but has tools.
Chris Milton (CB) - not much of a profile, but can't argue with 4.35 40
Delvon Simmons (DT) - didn't do much in college, but has impressive size at 6'-6" 300.
Devante Harris (OT) - project, but size and mobility is intriguing
Darion Griswold (TE) - has the tools, but also is a project
Mekale McKay (WR) - 6'-4" 207 WR with athletic ability (basketball background), needs work though.
Tevaun Smith (WR) - Solid size and speed with leaping ability. Can win battles for the ball. Needs to work on route running.

There are absolutely guys here that can stick around.

MaxV
05-01-2016, 04:13 PM
Scott has Devante Harris ranked as #38 OT...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/nfl-draft-ranking/offensive-tackle-rankings/

...but seems kind of undersized at 5'-10" 176.

Rab
05-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Curt Maggitt was a LEGIT pass rushing prospect....like 7 injuries ago. He may still have something left in him, but he's had so many injuries, and it seems like they've all been to his legs (hip, knee, and ankles) that I'm sure he's been robbed of his previous explosiveness.

killxswitch
05-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Or Shawn Oakman, because I love him as a prospect and I think round 3 is ridiculous for someone with his potential.

Ha. WRONG.

I have some thoughts. I like the draft overall. I'm wary of Green in the 2nd, will he be ready to start if Adams gets hurt? But I like Kelly and Clark and Ridgeway a lot. In 3 years I think we'll see we drafted 4 starters in 2016.

Probably more to discuss, a lot more. I like the overall direction of the team. Don't like our pass rush situation. But our DL should be the best it's been in a long, long time.

MaxVn
04-28-2017, 06:19 PM
Well, what do we think about Hooker?

killxswitch
04-28-2017, 08:09 PM
Man I never come on here anymore. I am thrilled w/Hooker. Great talent that we shouldn't have had a shot at. His tackling issues are overblown and his range and ball skills will help remake the entire defense. We still have needs but we should be much better off this year on defense based on the additions made this offseason and two of our starting DL getting healthy.

Thanks to all the dumb teams moving up for questionable QBs, and also for teams taking skill players that we don't need!

MaxVn
04-29-2017, 02:47 AM
I really like the way this draft has went for us.

3 biggest needs, 3 top picks, 3 potential starters, 3 potential big steals.

MaxVn
04-29-2017, 06:54 PM
This is probably the first time in a decade of me watching the draft that I've said the phrase "blank would be a good pick here" and that same exact player was picked.

I'm a fan of Anthony Walker Jr. I watched him in Big 1G and I think he can play on the next level. Probably more of a rotational player, but he can be a productive player.

Probably the first time I've read a phrase "too much muscle" in a scouting report.

MaxVn
04-29-2017, 06:56 PM
I'm a fan of this draft, absolutely. It's very possible that 4-5 of these guys contribute right away and we can see several long-term starters from this class.

Hopefully, this is the improvement that we need. This team has a lot of talent, but a few positions are dragging us down.

MaxVn
09-11-2017, 05:37 PM
That was all kinds of awful.

The only positive might be run defense, they were good, although some of that might be the fact that Rams had a big lead.

JoeJoeBrown
01-05-2018, 12:56 AM
Colts suit jacket for free. Jus pay shipping and handling.

https://www.shinesty.com/products/the-indianapolis-colts-suit-jacket