Super Senior Member

Pat McAfee has decided to retire.
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:17 PM   #8922
Prock
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'll stick to my claim he hasn't proven anything but will welcome the deal.
Agreed he hasn't proven anything, but neither has any player in the draft. Maybe more importantly, no team will ever get a young franchise quarterback who is proven. If you have one, they don't get away.
Prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:42 PM   #8923
BeerBaron
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
Pat McAfee has decided to retire.
I guess he can make more money in comedy/the media than he was making in football.

He (because he's funny on the Bob and Tom Show) and Wilfork (because he's so fat) were my dad's two favorite players. Not sure how he is going to cope, lol.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:50 PM   #8924
Niel89
Super Senior Member

McAfee just realized he wasn't into it anymore. 3 knee surgeries in 4 years wore him downa bit and he has other opportunities he has cultivated. I'm sad to see him go but good for him to do what he wants.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:52 PM   #8925
Prock
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niel89 View Post
McAfee just realized he wasn't into it anymore. 3 knee surgeries in 4 years wore him downa bit and he has other opportunities he has cultivated. I'm sad to see him go but good for him to do what he wants.
Yup, ain't got no qualms with a guy quitting while he's in his prime. Shit wears down your body. If you've got money saved or other opportunities, no sense in sticking around unless you still have that fire.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:50 PM   #8926
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

Old 02-02-2017, 08:51 PM   #8927
bigbluedefense
LeBron James is a bitch

Cut him so we can sign him cheap.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:45 PM   #8928
bigbluedefense
LeBron James is a bitch

I feel like we've been all under appreciating how good this Falcons team is all year long, and we're doing it again with this Super Bowl.

Most people don't give them a chance, but honestly, on paper they're the more talented team. And I also really like their demeanor right now. They look so focused and hungry.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Atlanta wins this super bowl. My brain tells me that New England will still win it, but gun to my head, if I had to predict a winner, my gut tells me to go with Atlanta.

They have the better pass rush, the better weapons on offense, better run game, they're playing in a dome on turf, and I just like the way they're carrying themselves. New England is giving me a vibe like they think they already won the game. Atlanta looks hungry and angry.

I don't know. There's just something about this Atlanta team.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:48 PM   #8929
Prock
LeBron James is a bitch

I agree, BBD. My money would be on Atlanta. While New England still has Brady and BB, that whole Falcons offense is so friggin dynamic. They've been destroying people. The defense has gotten better every week as well. I think they are going to surprise a lot of people.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:54 PM   #8930
bigbluedefense
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prock View Post
I agree, BBD. My money would be on Atlanta. While New England still has Brady and BB, that whole Falcons offense is so friggin dynamic. They've been destroying people. The defense has gotten better every week as well. I think they are going to surprise a lot of people.
I look at the talent on New England, and I just say to myself, how are they going to keep up with Atlanta?

Atlanta has by far more talent on offense than NE. Who scares you on NE right now? Edelman? Bennett is hurt, Hogan is a 1 trick pony, there's no Gronk, their RBs are meh. There's really no individual talent on the NE offense that scares you.

But Atlanta has soooo many weapons. Atlanta just has by far the superior offense on paper.

Then you look at the defense, and NE has the worse pass rush. 2 good qbs, 1 team can rush the other can't. So how is NE's defense going to slow down Atlanta more than vice versa?

NE has a talented secondary, but they don't have the coverage skills or the pass rush in the front 7 to disrupt Atlanta.

Contrarily, Atlanta has a young fast defense that has a weak secondary but the front 7 has a good pass rush and is fast, and the NE WRs aren't burners anyway so you can mask that secondary.

I just like the matchup for Atlanta. They're more talented across the board.

How much can Brady and Belly's coaching overcome? At the end of the day, players make plays. And Atlanta has the better players.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #8931
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

I think Julio Jones alone will break the game open, NE always tries to take away their opponent best weapon and I just don't think it's possible with Julio right now, you need a Patrick Peterson type and a safety over the top
Old 02-03-2017, 04:09 PM   #8932
Babylon
LeBron James is a bitch

I sort of like when Brady and Beli don't have a chance.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:33 PM   #8933
Prock
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I sort of like when Brady and Beli don't have a chance.
Well, a strong majority certainly think they have a better chance than their opponents.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:36 PM   #8934
Matthew Jones
Super Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Jones

Hey everyone, check out www.forthesports.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9 if you're interested in participating in the 2017 forum offseason!

www.draftexaminer.com
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #8935
scottyboy
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I think Julio Jones alone will break the game open, NE always tries to take away their opponent best weapon and I just don't think it's possible with Julio right now, you need a Patrick Peterson type and a safety over the top
You are aware the Patriots have 3 Rutgers players in their secondary, right?
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #8936
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

The Patriots defensive plan is pretty obvious against Atlanta. Take away the deep stuff on Jones's side of the field with McCourty and Butler/Ryan and try to trick Matt Ryan with their coverage and stunt disguises.

Is this the first Super Bowl with 2 QBs with 2 first names?
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:05 PM   #8937
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The Patriots defensive plan is pretty obvious against Atlanta. Take away the deep stuff on Jones's side of the field with McCourty and Butler/Ryan and try to trick Matt Ryan with their coverage and stunt disguises.

Is this the first Super Bowl with 2 QBs with 2 first names?
Russell Wilson/Tom Brady count?
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:07 PM   #8938
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
Russell Wilson/Tom Brady count?
Damn. Yes. Maybe. Probably. Yes.

Sidenote: I don't get why people name their daughters Madison (def: Son of Matthew, though I'd accept "son" of Maude) or why anyone names their kid a -son name if the father/mother isn't named the base- portion of the name. Do people not look up wtf names mean before assigning them to their child? I know a couple who named their kid Jackson. Father's name isn't Jack or John...wtf?

Thinking of "Wilson" as a first name triggered this.

Last edited by nepg; 02-03-2017 at 05:12 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:08 PM   #8939
bigbluedefense
LeBron James is a bitch

The thing is, I'd imagine their game plan wouldn't be that much different from the one they deployed against the Steelers, so the Falcons should have some sort of idea of what to expect.

There's only so many ways you can disguise the same game plan, and the match up is pretty much the same btw Pitt's offense vs Atlanta's offense.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:39 PM   #8940
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Blount is going to tear up that sorry Falcons defense.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mariota is bad, rgiii sucks, salary cap isn't real, tomlin = overrated